View Single Post
Old
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delchief View Post
It's a point well taken. But isn't this the year to put the rookies out there? I believe it helps forwards to start young, but hinders d-men and goalies. However, Cowen and Rundblad are probably ready to play now since Cowen is already physically huge and Runblad's been playing against men for 2 years. Butler and Greening have already had a significant breaking in period so they're not rookies in the true sense. It's really only the guys like Zibby, Filatov, and DaCosta who I'd worry about since on my roster they'd be asked to play significant roles. If you've got better names for me to pencil into their places, I'm all ears. But I'll tell you now that just because Regin and Winchester and Shannon and Kuba have played more NHL games doesn't make them better fits on this team.

I like my roster, rookie warts and all....
Filatov
Da Costa
Zibby
Rundblad
Smith
Greening
Butler
Cowen
...have not played a FULL nhl season yet.

If our team is going to be plugged full of rookies, it's because they EARNED those spots over the current roster guys. Roster spots for them will not be a given, if it were, I would really question the philosophy of this team regarding player development.