View Single Post
Old
09-13-2005, 02:01 PM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
I went at lunch and saw all of the group b warmup/practice and the group c warmup. It was mainly drills and hard to gauge a lot from it. Impressions...

-We all know Kariya is fast. But, he flew down on on the of drills and blew past Weber. Definitely has a presence out there.
-Every time I've been to training camp, it has always been a scrimmage. This is the first time I've seen Trotz in action. He had some intensity.
-Nick Fugere: bigger than I remember. will be interesting if he can put it together in games.
-Ryan Parent: nice size and had a good goal on Rinne.
-Weber: huge. stood Meidl up in a drill.
-Hamhuis and Weber were paired during most drills. Nice to see a glimpse of the future.
-Erat: Looked a little more secure out there than in the past. Looked like a veteran. Used to see him looking like the kid trying to make the team. Also, looked like he's added some pounds.
-Johnson: Seemed loose, yet focused. Playfully hooked Kariya on a drill.
-Chris Mason: I saw a couple of great saves, though I was on the opposite end from him and i didn't get a good overall look.
-Yablonski: would not want to mess with that cat. Scary looking guy.
-Robitaille: Looked good out there. Definitely had the veteran feel rather than the "gripping the stick too hard to make the team" feel.
-saw a little more intensity in group c's warmup than i saw with group b. Then again, you had more bubble guys like Nichol, Classen, Fiddler, Klein, Tootoo, Haydar, Allison, Shishkanov, and Suter (not really on the bubble, but if he somehow gets vastly outplayed in the preseason...)
-Suter: Seemed to be bulkier. or maybe it was the hair.
-Rinne: Dude is huge. Looking forward to see what he can do in Milwaukee.
-Did not notice Scott Walker or Legwand in group c warmups. Maybe they were on the opposite end, but I saw everyone skate by a couple of times and didn't see them
-Pivko: Noticed him scoring a couple of times. Seems to have a nice shot and he seems bigger, as well.

I took some pictures, but do not have the cord to transfer them to my computer at the moment. I hope to get this tonight. If anyone wants to see them, PM me with your email address and I'll send them out tonight or tomorrow. I have shots of Kariya, Johnson, Trotz, Weber, Hamhuis, Parent, Timonen, Klein, Robitaille, Erat, and others.