View Single Post
Old
07-05-2011, 05:50 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Well, if we couldn't get past VAN last year not sure how the crew as currently rostered scores enough to do it. We've lost 47 goals from the 4 Fs and Franson; full seasons from Fish, Orly, and Blum make back 30 (all using last years numbers). Poile has to find 17 goals from his salvage projects (bergfors, etc) and whoever replaces SOB; all other things equal, that's last years totals. That seems doable, and with another good season with Peks, we're competitive in the conf, but probably not the division.

Add a 20 goal scorer - which we should have space to do and should be able to find without even dealing any assets. That moves us up just outside top 10 in scoring (based on last year). The much wished-for Semin type guy puts us into top 10. However, not sure we've got that assets to do that - there's not an FA available at that level and we'd have to give up a piece that we're counting on to get back to last year's level; net result probably not different in O total, so question becomes does dynamic scorer like Semin eventually yield more impact?

me? - we can be outside top 10 in scoring, but not below the mid-point, if we wanna' have a shot at going deeper than round 2. I take whoever will help fix the PP, but I don't see how Poile can go without signing a reliable 18-25 goal scorer if we wanna' shot at going further.
nice post and I agree

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote