View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 12:57 PM
PredsFan77*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
You've spent the whole game rooting against the guy, why should you quit?

It is sports. You root against the opposition. You don't want to see them to good. Heck, the entire arena yells "you suck" to every goalie that comes to Nashville. Well, everyone but BC. Apparently he has a shrine devoted to NHL hockey players where he chants "thou art far superior to me. I will never be as good as thou art. I will never take thou name in vain. I will only offer praise to all NHL players, regardless of their team orientation. I am totally inferior to the gods that are NHL hockey players."

People will boo the opposition before the game (it happens at every game in the NHL). People will boo and root against the opposition during the game. At after the game, people will continue to express their dislike for the opposition. It has nothing to do with the quality of oneís play. Itís the principle of rooting against the enemy. It's sports. If you donít' like it, my grandmother has a quilt that needs to be finished.
While I don't agree with everything you wrote, you hit the nail right on the head, you root for your team and cheer against the opposition, unless that opposing team has Gretzky...