Fedotenko Anisimov Boyle
Avery Rupp Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Erixon Valentenko/Eminger/Vet

Lundqvist
Biron

Thoughts?
MDZ, AA, AND Thomas for Eberle?? Did you bump your head? I know its been a long offseason but be patient for the start of the season. I love how MDZ is just getting tossed into every proposal like his career is over and he'll never return to the way he played as a 19 YEAR OLD two seasons ago. Some of you are unbelievable.

And I have complete respect for the Oilers fan on the first page but anyone who thinks Eberle is worth that much needs to get their head examined. I like Eberle but he is in no way shape or form worth that much. 18 G 25 A is hardly a "fantastic" rookie season. It is certainly not bad by any stretch, but nothing jaw dropping.

MDZ put up 38 points his rookie season as a 19 year old.
Paajarvi put up 35 points as a 20 year old in his rookie season. Quite honestly I'd rather have MDZ considering we dont have really any offensive defenseman in our system like him. Erixon is nice but is more comparable to Staal which is fine. But you dont deal a prospect from a position of weakness.

AA put up 44 points last year. He is 6'3" and just 23 years old. Why are we dealing him? He has improved every year. Put up 80 points in the AHL. He is getting bigger and stronger every year. He is maturing in front of our eyes. But we should package him off with our talented 21 year old defenseman AND our very talented Christian Thomas who scored 50+ goals in the O for Jordan Eberle who put up 40+ points last season.

I just dont understand some people. Thomas could make this team out of camp. No one knows whats going to happen. He probably wont but I wouldnt be surprised if he does. Everything you read on him, especially lately, is indicating he has put on weight, he looked better than last year at the development camp, his overall game has improved. You dont trade guys like that. He could very well make the team, get a chance with BR and Gaborik and succeed. And if he's playing on that line its very feasible to believe he can put up 40 points like Eberle did this past year.

You dont make that trade ever. Sather isnt that stupid.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote