View Single Post
Old
07-06-2011, 08:17 AM
alexmanu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
I agree completely. I always believe in quality vs. quantity. I'd rather trade for 1 great forward than bring in 2 guys who might pan out. Also, I'd be a little worried about bringing in too many people like Bergfors and Zherdev who are not exactly known for their defensive abilities. I know I'm new here but what has been your experience with doing that? Do they end up in the dog house or do they work out just fine? I know that offensive help is needed but I would hate to see it come at the cost of bringing in a player who wouldn't fit the system.
The odd offensive minded player is fine, which is why I liked the Bergfors move. But our offense is primarily based on toughness and gritty play. Obviously a few offensive minded players would work really well in our system, but we can't overload ourselves with those sorts of players. We really do need a top 6 forward, and I want quality. Anyone that can get 25+ goals I would settle for, but if we could get someone elite then I would be ecstatic. But all I am looking for is a guy that is going to get you at least 25+ goals.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote