View Single Post
Old
07-06-2011, 11:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
here's my thought on this:

Nashville lost a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners; Ward, Goc, Sullivan, Dumont. Nashville dumped a lot of their injured age overboard.

Ward and Goc hurt but as I have said many time, O'Reilly replaces Goc. Geoffrion and Bergfors replaces Ward. More offense.

They lost a 3rd pairing protected defensively defenseman and frankly his spot for Josi/Ellis is more important than him. So basically, Nashville turned one of their weaknesses into a salary dump.

Nashville dumped Lombardi's contract (3.5 million), Dumont's buyout.

Now we wait. If Poile can magically fill that cap space with a top 6 forward, bam. If not them we should be pissed.

Where am I worried? The RFAs. Now that's time to panic. We are talking the #1 goal scorer, face of the franchise, and the PK unit.

The biggest talk of the FA season was this; weak and will be over paid. Guess what, yup. The players who are available in trade as cheaper and better. Question becomes will Poile FINALLY bite the bullet and make a trade for one of these guys and tap into his prospect pool?

Nashville has one of the best prospect pools in the NHL and the 2012 draft is supposedly one of the best with Nashville having a lot of picks.

It all depends on Bud's kid. If he bites the bullet and builds the offense. Good. If not it's time to go in a new direction.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote