View Single Post
Old
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis25 View Post
you just disproved your point. flyers dont have stamkos (probably wont) and dont have a player to replace richards haha. how do you declare this a decisive win. If you filtered all of the players up 2 spots your losses would be much greater then your gains.

I do beleive flyers have a great core of kids and will be elite in the comming years, but your point is flawed and illogical.
Someone was comparing the team with Stamkos to the team before this offseason... I was simply saying it would be a net win...apparently you don't think so?

On the 1st two lines, you would have a JVR-Stamkos-Giroux line replacing JVR-Roo-Carter and a Hartnell-Briere-Jagr line replacing HBL. Both of those are improvements. Pretty big improvements, actually.

On the 3rd line, we would have Voracek-Couturier-Simmonds replacing Versteeg-Richards-Zherdev. Voracek is better than Versteeg. Simmonds is better than Zherdev. And Couturier is obviously not as good as Richie, but he has a bright future... and improving 2/3 on the 3rd line ain't bad.

And the 4th line is upgraded too, as Talbot is better than Powe.

On the defensive side, we'd lose 1 year of Carle (he is a UFA next year), but we can easily replacing him next year via free agency. For this year, replacing him w/ Barts/Gustaffson obviously hurts a little, but it's something this unit could easily withstand, as we have a very strong top-4.

And in goal, well, I think that's obvious... we made a major improvement. If we traded Bob, we wouldn't necessarily have the goalie of the future anymore, but that's OK. I can hardly see Bob supplanting Bryzgalov within the next 2 years, and I can hardly see Bob signing here as an RFA when his contract ends unless we pay him like a #1 goalie (and he'd still be our backup). As much as I like Bob, we're going to have to end up dealing w/ this situation @ some point... might as well be now, when we can get a player of significant value in return.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote