Hey I had to beat the dead horse too
View Single Post
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Originally Posted by
scatchard will be 28 at the end of this year. With the likelehood of the new cba lowering the ufa age to 29 after next season, he would be ufa. Comrie is too high of a price to pay for a soon to be ufa.
Scatchard Out 4 to 6 Weeks
(Oct. 20) The Islanders announced this evening that Dave Scatchard will miss 4-6 weeks with a dislocated right shoulder. The center suffered the injury in the Islanders' 2-1 win over Florida on Saturday.
Also, in response to some of the comments above:
1) There is no way the Isles are going to move Peca to the third line. He is the team's captain, after all, and also the team's best all-around forward. Comrie or any other center would be of zero interest.
2) I wouldn't count on the UFA age being lowered so quickly. There will be a long, long lockout before owners allow that. The actualy age in this year's CBA, btw, was 32. It was rolled back to 31 for part of the contract as concession by owners. I think there is a good chance it will be back to 32 as part of the contract.
3) Scatchard did have 27 goals last year. But, he isnt' a very creative player. NOt a good playmaker at all. He scores mostly by driving hard to the net and having decent hands. I would not be shocked to see him develop into more of a 15 - 20 goal guy than a 25 - 30 goal guy.
4) I disagree that Scatchard isn't a good skater. He is strong and balanced. He straight ahead speed is not bad at all. His lateral speed is not great though. He isn't Todd Marchant, but is also not a slug.
5) Hunter is a marginal prospect. The Isles would have to throw more in to get a deal done.
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
View Public Profile
Darth Milbury's albums
Find More Posts by Darth Milbury