View Single Post
Old
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...070611aab.html
Quote:
Former women's hockey assistant coach Dan Koch is returning to the University of Wisconsin, the team announced on Wednesday. Koch (pronounced Cook) will return and serve as associate head coach after spending the previous two seasons as the head coach for the Shattuck-St. Mary's Girls U16 squad.

"I'm excited to be back and I enjoyed my time with Mark [Johnson] prior to leaving and I'm looking forward to that relationship again," Koch said. "I think my time at Shattuck-St. Mary's made me a better coach. As a head coach, you spend a lot more time dealing with things not always associated with hockey and you get a better sense of running practices and getting the team ready for a weekend series."

Koch is familiar with the UW women's hockey program and Johnson's systems having spent eight seasons as an assistant coach. In 2001-02, Koch spent the latter half of his first season co-coaching the Badgers prior to the arrival of head coach Mark Johnson. In the seven seasons that followed, Koch helped Wisconsin claim its first three national championships.