View Single Post
Old
07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
JacketsFanWest

vCash: 500
I could see the Jackets trying to thin the herd of defensemen a little. It's great to have depth, but they might as well trade for other assets.

But that all depends on how new guys like Blomqvist and Prout are projecting and how many of next year's class are going to get signed.
If Blomqvist, Prout and Weber look like they're promising, then trading Ruth or Goloubef might be an option.

It didn't sound like last year the CHL affiliate worked out. Didn't that Chris Francis (who was sent down after having a stellar jr career playing for the Portland Winterhawks) completely bolt after not getting any playing time and go play for Vegas' ECHL team? Looking at the Fort Wayne Comets leading scorers for last season, most of the top 20 are at least 25 and a lot are in their 30s and even one guy is 40. Oh, and they also had Jon Mirasty. I didn't realize that.

The Jackets had the Youngstown Steelhounds in the CHL a few years ago as their ECHL-type affiliate, and that worked out okay with the Jackets players getting ice time. I saw one of their games when I happened to be in Texas while they were on a road trip, and the level of play was pretty much ECHL level.