09-14-2005, 11:39 AM
AdmiralPred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
For sake of argument:

If Beech is the odd-man out and gets a ticket to Milwaukee, he will have to clear waivers due to games played. If he is picked up, what would the conditional pick then be?
Don't we get something if a player is picked up on waivers?
Not sure if the Preds get anything. The conditional pick I was referring to was the one Nash owes Pit for Beech. But if Beech gets claimed what does Nash give to Pit to complete the trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
I had heard somewhere (here?) that a player has to clear going up and going down, but that this information was under contention because no one would call anyone up if that was the case. Can someone verify and help us there?
If a player gets called up from Milw. and is earning more than $75k in the AHL he must clear waivers. I was wondering, because Beech's AHL salary would be below this level, if he still must clear as a call-up because of the games played qualifier?

If Beech is sent down to Milw. he has to clear waivers because of how many NHL games he has played. The AHL salary is not a qualifier in a send-down situation. As I understand the waiver rules.

Last edited by AdmiralPred: 09-14-2005 at 11:44 AM.