View Single Post
Old
07-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Wow. Komi got hurt so we should never have someone with toughness on the team again. Pacifism (*****) 101 on display.

Pretend? I like how you try to take the morally superior ground by calling my opinion regarding team toughness "pretending".
I actually never said that. You just said you didn't want Lucic to injure your stars. I just found it ironic that the one player he actually injured was Komisarek, a tough boy, and during a fight. You don't see the irony?
How you twist this into ''we should never have someone with toughness'' is a mystery.

I said it before, multiple times, I can see the benefits of having tough guys. I don't even mind if it's a pure enforcer that plays 5min. I also said O'Brien is a D I'm hoping they sign. If Emelin pans out as the aggressive guy he supposedly is (a poor man's Kasparitis), as well as having PK and O'Brien, I think our D could be well furnished in the toughness department.
I said that I don't think having an enforcer will change anything to the end results however, which is why I won't lose any sleep if we don't sign one. I won't scream for Gauthier's head and make stupid emotional reactionary statements because of it.
There isn't one Habs fan that wasn't excited about the Laraque signing. Sure, overpaid and long term, but still, people were very happy.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Konopka, so I never made a case for him. I said more than once that I'd be all for having Rupp. But if Gauthier didn't go after those guys because he rather sign a guy like Madden, then hey, I can definitely live with that.

That's not because I just blindly support management. There's plenty of moves I disagree with it, but if we do end up signing someone like Madden over a Konopka, it's not something I can disagree with.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote