Thread: Protector?
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Corncob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You didnt understand much of what Whitesnake said and you damned sure didnt understand a single thing that I have said.

I like how you spun around the discussion of Rupp and his "consistency" issues. Seriously? Rupp had more goals last season (9) than Gomez, Desharnais, Eller, Moen, Pyatt and White.

(That point of his goals scored compared to several Canadiens is not to diminish the Canadien players mentioned.......no, it is to point out the fallacy that you are trying to portray as a Gauthier/Martin fanboy.)

Rupp was a -4 and fought 12 times with players from Komisarek to Thornton.
Pretty sure I said I wouldn't have minded Rupp. Of course he has consistency issues (mostly this is why he's a 4th liner), Pittsburgh fans will tell you this. He's also a more than decent roleplayer, hence he got a lot of offers and could choose where he wanted to go. Not really sure what you're disagreeing with.

Quote:
Now to make this clear to all the Gauthier fanboys who like to use hyperbole to make their points........"those who live in some fantasy world where the entire structure of the team should be built with the aim of beating up Milan Lucic at some point in the season"...........the Montreal Canadiens have enough talent on the top 2 lines to be successful in the playoffs. Our third line is talented enough to provide goal support to the top two lines. The ONLY thing missing from this team is a legitimate 4th line that can fight and provide energy with big hits and stepping up to whip some ass if anyone runs or messes with our goal scores on the top 3 lines (or our goalie). And it does not have to be just Lucic.
Have you even read some of the things you've posted in this thread? Next time Lucic is mean to Price, send out one of your 4th line to attack him? There's a reason why teams don't actually do this and that is that it won't work. In all of the senses of won't work. This is where you're in a fantasy world.

Quote:
But, Rupp was ours for the taking if Gauthier made a better offer for him (meanwhile sitting on $6 million in cap space). Same for Vandermeer.
Pure supposition on your part, you don't know what offers were made to these players and you don't know what formed the basis for their decisions.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote