View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppystride
I would respect you (and any other players) immensely for putting your love of the game ahead of money. At the same time, I wouldn't hold a grudge against someone who tries to make the most for himself financially by playing within the rules.

I guess I'm just a capitalistic pig.

Look, I love the Oilers and I'm frustrated by the salary escalation as anyone. Some of it are the players' fault; some of it are the owners' fault. However, when it comes to the Van Ryn rule, the owners have no one to blame but their own utter their lack of foresight.

I think Comrie has already been unfairly slagged regarding his apparent rookie contract *extortion*. I just hope that if ever Van Ryn (or some other player who also benefited from this loophole) ends up here, he won't get the same treatment.
I never made a judgement call on whether or not MVR was right to use the loophole to full advantage, but as a fan of the Oilers I have every right to not like what Mike Comrie did when he signed his contract here.

He's a good Oiler or some good trade bait, I'm 100% behind KLo's judgement on this one whichever one he chooses.