Old
07-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I agree with the idea.

I'm not as big on White as most people around here, he's fine as a 4th liner/13th forward but he has massive holes in his game and doesn't contribute any more offense then Pyatt did.
I like White and probably wouldn't have dickered over whether his contract was 1-way or 2-way. If we could sign a bruising forward like Winchester *and* a wily center like Madden, then I think White's chances of spending some time in Hamilton might increase, and I'd certainly be interested in signing those 2 player types.

I wouldn't be too scared about White clearing waivers out of training camp. His profile isn't very high league-wide, and lots of teams will be sending down guys and already have their lineups set at that point. However, if Eller starts hurt and White starts with the big team, it becomes more of an issue if you have to send him down in the middle of the season, perhaps, if he's playing well, and if the team is somehow healthy enough that it becomes an issue.

Bottom line, his AHL numbers aren't that good and his NHL time is not that large. It's probably a sensible precedent to set that a player like him doesn't automatically go 1-way until he truly wins a spot. But I guess I just like him enough that I wouldn't have bothered making it a sticking point. It's not my money.