View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 01:14 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
I don't think that MDZ will have an off year, I'm very happy to see that he's getting some Barb time. With the work she's done with a big man, Im looking forward to see what she can do with an already gifted skater who maybe jacked himself up and tried to play a reactionary physical brand of defense like his teammates who all possess a 6'2" 220 lb frame.

I loved the fact that he willing to play physical and take the body, but he was only effective playing defense that way against the likes of Marchand, Kennedy and guys that are close to his size. He can't out-muslce the bigger guys, but he can physically dominate them with his skating ability, stickwork, his head for the game (gotta trust Torts and Bobby Orr there MDZ), and his swag.

Improving his lateral agility, and quickness, and rushing pucks up the ice (puck transport isn't always about that break out pass, which's another thing in his skill set), I think he can turn into an all star. Gresch said it in a interview once, Leetch likes the kid, so does Bobby Orr, Michaels lucky to have some of the finest people and facilities around him. As long as he puts the work in he'll be fine. We'll all get to see his swag when he's got the puck, he's just gotta be all about TCB when he doesn't have it on his stick.
And this is exactly something you learn over time with experience. You dont give up on players like MDZ because that part of the game is something that can be obtained.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote