View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I think we all know that Alexandre Burrows is not a first line player but we all saw how well he succeeded and complimented The Sedins on the top line. I think Avery can do the same thing with Richards and Gaborik, for 2 reasons. He has great chemistry with Gabby and is really good friends with Richards. Wouldn't mind seeing Avery up there, the energy he brings is awesome!

That said, I'd love to give Avery a shot at top line and if it works out well, re-sign him. If not, let him go. But I really want to see Avery-Richards-Gaborik
I don't know if I would label it great chemistry. They had a small handful of good games together and then more games where they didn't do much of anything... It bothers me that he is so frequently off-sides and gets so many stoppages from shooting the puck into the goaltender's glove from the blueline.... Gaborik is not very good defensively... I can't say much about Richards' defensive game having him been out West the last few years... But Feds is much more defensively responsible then Avery.... Avery has not consistently brought his A-game for awhile now... Not confident he's 1st line fodder for more than a couple games at a time.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote