Thread: Goalie pads
View Single Post
Old
09-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
trig and i stood and looked at the pads that the yeomans kid was wearing...they most definitely look noticably smaller,it jumps out at you...no doubt this is going to be a huge offensive boost simply by itself..wouldn't surprise me to see goal scoring up 5% on this alone even if there were no other rule changes...

i have a feeling that the start of this season is going to test goalies confidence early and often....my only worry about vokoun honestly,is how he mentally handles the fact that shots he stopped before now find a way to trickle in the net(of course this will be happening to all goalies).. but i still worry about confidence..

my gut feeling tells me mason is going to be far more important than last season spelling vokoun... we need a strong season out of him,maybe as many as 15 odd games worth (instead of the ten last season)..

should be fun to see how this pad reduction effects elite goalies....my gut also tells me some of the guys we all think of as elite league wide now,won't be thought of as so elite come about january