View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Avery takes way too much flak for the salary he makes. You'd think he gets paid Drury money.

It's obvious that Torts has something against Sean. Did he even do anything to deserve having his minutes slashed last season? I don't recall him taking that many stupid penalties last season, and he was actually pretty decent at creating chances. At one point, I think he was even the team leader in assists. Then, he gets his minutes slashed, and even spends some games in the press box during the course of the season. I really didn't understand it.

I'm not some Sean Avery apologist. However, I think he gets the short end of the stick on this board. He's always been a good teammate, willing to throw down when he has to. And he has more skill than people give him credit for. I could totally see him being used on a line with Richards and Gaborik similarly to how Vancouver uses Burrows on the Sedin line. In fact, if people don't want to break up the Pack Line, he's pretty much the man for the job. He has the grit and agitation, mixed with just enough speed and skill to hang with Richards and Gabby and not be a black hole. Wolski on LW would make that line soft as charmin.

The fact of the matter is that Avery is useless so long as he is put into a position to be such. He's shown he can play with talented linemates and add a dimension to the line that is difficult to matchup with. He should have a chance to show he deserves to be on the team, especially when he really hasn't done anything to play himself out of the league.
This x1000

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote