View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Personally, I think that Couturier will be the more dominant player. Take that however you want but I think they are different enough and will have very different roles and THAT will make it very difficult to say one is "better" than the other. Which would you say is better, Richards or Carter??? Carter is the much better goal scorer and natural talent but Richards is much more dominant on the ice.

I really can see Couturier developing into a Richards/Kesler type player and having a bigger impact on the ice than even JVR or Giroux. However, his nightly impact may go somewhat un-noticed because if he's doing a hell of a job shutting down the likes of Crosby/Ovi/Stamkos and this allows the other guys to score just enough goals for us to win then who is to say?? I mean if it's Couturiers job to PREVENT say 2 goals against every night isn't that better/more important than say JVR or Giroux or Schenn getting just one point (either by scoring or assisting) a night (and thats an 80 point season, that's not too shabby).

Once Briere is off the books we will need to have one of Giroux or Schenn step up and be able to be a true #1 center for this team or I believe that one will be dealt in an effort to find one.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote