View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
He was passed over by a number of other teams before we grabbed him off re-entry waivers 2 years ago. I can't see how he has done anything to make teams around the league regret their decision to stay as far away from him as possible.
Don't really want to go into the Tortorella is picking on Avery thing--but I don't think the two of them really click. It happens. Avery's game has been less effective since Tortorella became coach. No question about it. A more important question though is--Is the team getting better? And I think it is.

Personally after Tortorella's first season I was not that impressed with him. Too much my way or the highway, didn't think all the feuding with members of the press all year long was very professional and there were a few other issues--most all of which were addressed positively last year. I went from not liking him to liking him and the direction of the team is towards youth and if players like Redden last year, Drury this year and maybe Avery next year have to bite the dust for the Rangers to become a contender then so be it. Even so I still like Avery as a player and a personality. He's not the same old same old.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote