View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
You didn't include the portion where I said I don't see why TB would take on 14 mil in cap esp another D man as they have 8 under contract as is. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just reporting what was said on a radio station in Philly. I would have done this before July 1, but you move those 2 forwards and bring back one, it leaves a pretty substanstial hole in our top 9 moving both of those guys, and we are now down a D man. Do this trade then sign Doughty to an offer sheet
Well IF they did that, we'd get substantially younger and we'd probably have over $5m left to spend on an additional free agent forward/defenseman/both. Or just use the prospects.

Although further dismantling of the team probably won't help the "win now" expectations anymore than they already have this offseason.

If we move Danny, Hartnell, and Carle...we'd free up a lot of money, and still keep all our great young core. Rolling our Schenn, Couturier, Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds and Stamkos for the next 10 years won't hurt. That leaves 5 forward positions, and Nodl gets one, plus Akeson, Read, Holmstrom, Sestito, Rinaldo, and Ranford are all knocking on the door...

Intriguing trade, I cringed less at that than any of the others in them..

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote