View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
I've said it once and I'll say it again and every few months on HFBoards.

This will be Sean Avery's last season. He will then be hired by MSG as a Broadcaster and be part of Hockey Night Live aka Al Trautwig's Doofy Party.

Avery will most likely try hard in training camp and earn a spot on the team and be everywhere in the lineup from first line with Richards and Gaborik to healthy scratch. The reason he has the most assists with Gaborik is because of those few games he played with Anisimov and Gabby and (most notable the Toronto home game with Gabby's Hat Trick) and the Islanders game with EC and Gabby.

He's not a great playmaker, he just does that behind the net no look pass like 6x a game and it works on average of 2x a game and someone scores about 1 out of every 11 eleven times he does it.

A lot of Avery's role this season will depend on how Carl Hagelin and to a lesse extent Christian Thomas and Dale Weise look in Training Camp.

Guaranteed spots; Richards, Gaborik, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Callahan, Stepan, Boyle, Prust, Fedetenko, Rupp....10 spots.

The final two will be between; MZA, Wolski, Avery, Hagelin, Thomas, Weise, and a darkhorse like Grant/JMA/Newburry/Mitchell/etc.

Wolski is probably a shoe-in to start, and I would think that if Hagelin shows enough, he'll start on a line with Stepan making Avery and EC the healthy scratches.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote