View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i see a dedicated 6 spot for a stay at home guy and the "callup" spot whether holmgren carries 8 d.

i see it as marshall vs walker vs bart for the 6 and gus vs the leftovers for the 8. lilja is the cone these guys gotta skate around to make the cut as more then an injury callup which isnt really much of an obstacle, but isnt much of an option for walker or bartulis.
I don't see it that way at all. I see Lavi wanting to make the best possible pairings to help his team win. I don't necessarily think he cares about having that "shut-down" guy resting on the bottom of the 6-man unit.

I believe (granted this is an early belief) that Gus is the best of the group moving forward. He can also theoretically play Laviolette's system better the other defensemen of that group.

Also, is it necessary to have a shut-down blueliner paired with Meszazros on the bottom pairing? I think you want to use that depth pairing as more of a weapon than a failsafe.

I see it being a battle of Walker vs. Lilja vs. Bartulis vs. Gustafsson vs. Marshall for the 6th.

Then if Lilja doesn't win the 6th he becomes the 7th. If he wins the 6th then it's a battle between Walker and Bartulis for the 7th if we don't carry 8.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote