View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Oh Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
Fine, lets do this:

"Lemaire’s need to constantly juggle line combinations was questioned by some players and Ilya Kovalchuk’s freewheeling individual freedom and quarterbacking on the power play did not sit well with others."

First part-irrelevant. Has nothing to do with kovy. But, for the record, I cannot find any quotes from any players ‘questioning’ lemaire’s tendency to juggle lines. That alone should tip you off that maybe this (along with what follows next) is just speculation.

2nd part- Ilya Kovalchuk’s freewheeling individual freedom and quarterbacking on the power play did not sit well with others

‘did not sit well with others’. Fans? Owners? Members of the coaching staff? Players? Martians? Again, the ambiguity here should tip you off that this is speculation. That’s the reason I included DIRECT QUOTES from the story, as opposed to chere’s (I believe it was him) speculative comments. Holy hell. Understood now? if not, i can't explain it any clearer unless you pay me tutoring fees.
Others= other players....really?

It implies the players upset about Ilya were not necessarily the same as the ones upset about line juggling.

Sounds like locker room issues beyond one person. It shows it's possible he (Ilya) contributed to them. I figured the author and article were reliable in your eyes as you posted it.

Last edited by Oh Baby!: 07-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Oh Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote