View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 08:27 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Backstrom/MoJo/Halpern/Sjogren down the middle makes the most sense, put Laich on the 2nd line LW to play with Semin and maximize your scoring talent on the 1st two lines.

Having 3 weaker lines capable of scoring is nice but I'd rather put Halpern, Ward, and Brouwer together on the 3rd line to play against other teams' top lines.
I am fine with Laich as a winger but I am trying to tow the company line that he is a C. I actually think he can survive as a 2C in a system a little less taxing defensively on our Cs. Paired with Semin in his only other chances at 2C, I really think they havent meshed that well offensively. They need a complimentary player. Maybe Brouwer is that guy.

Laich at wing, our top 6 is the same as last year. Bruce has to adjust what we do to make that 6 work otherwise I think we will all slowly go insane.

Its likely Laich fails at 2C, but I think the mega discount he took to stay here was based in part on a promise to be a C. Not a checking C either. Lets see if Brouwer is the missing piece. Before it was Flash Laich Semin. Flaccid failure.

I think SoJo will be hard pressed to beat out Halpern on our depth chart and can see your 4Cs happen, IF Sjogren can bring the energy, in the form of hitting. I dont give a rats ass about his offense. I want some bangers on 4.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote