Thread: Player Discussion: Marcus Johansson
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Dirtbag59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlskiller View Post
I was wondering how you Caps fans fans felt he permformed this year?
Chibby pretty much said it. At the start of the year you could tell he belonged in the league but you weren't sure if he fit on a potential contender like the Caps. By the end of year he was much more assertive with the puck making passes that were dangerous to opposing defenses. The guy we saw in the first 39 games was much different then the guy we saw in the last 52.

One of the more underrated aspects of his game was his understanding of position, pokes, and stick lifts. His only weakness defensively was his inability to throw his body around but he made up for it with hockey IQ.

Quote:
And Where do you expect him to eventually fall into your long term line-up if at all?
Second line Center at least for the start of the year. However given his progress last year I would expect him to continue to impress and keep that spot. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him get time on the first line with Ovi and Knuble given how much Bruce likes to experiment with his lines.

He has to improve among other things his faceoff percentage and lower body strength so he doesn't get knocked off the puck as much.

He's an amazing skater who has become a much more assertive playmaker. That will only help him in the future.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote