View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Where did I say Richards and Stepan are as good as those two? I said clearly in the first sentence they weren't. All I'm saying is we'll have 2 centers who can put up points on the top lines and a guy who can shutdown other teams top lines while putting in some points. A similar setup to what the Pens have, but obviously not on the same level skill wise.

And I know Malkin is one of the top centers in game. I go to school in Western PA, I watch more of the Penguins than I care to admit
Its nice to imagine but we have to take some time to see how things go. I mean on the positive side Richards gets 90 points like a top line center Stepan get like 50-60 and plenty of assits and Anisimov gets about the same playing good defensively. That would be great and put us right in the top 4 in the east most likely but on the other side of the coin... Some might not be sold on Stepan as a Center, last year he wolk up to three goals in his first game and played well not great all season taking nothing away from him, but you can still be skeptical as to whether he can succedd as a center with his size and skating not being the best as of now. Anisimov might continue to get better or he will stay staus quo and not improve and Richards might lack chemistry and have an awful year. Anyway i think we are just going to have to see how things look in training camp and beyond for me anyway before i say what r center depth is, is it a lot more unpredictable than is the Pens, bruins, Philly. Call me Crazy but im still more confident in our Defensive core and goalie than our forwards, we might add one rookie to the core and im sure whoever will do very well plus Sauer i think will be a real beast next year and compete with Stall for top minutes.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote