View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
The difference between playing on the small and the big ice in a nutshell. That's why Ovechkin has been much more dangerous with the Caps than he was with Dynamo Moscow. Two different games.
I'm not European but I think people really have a dislike towards European players and their opinions.

If a player goes to play in the KHL it doesn't mean he bailed on the NHL or that he can't hack it anymore. For some the NHL is not the be all and end all of hockey. Jagr had already dominated the NHL, he has accomplished everything, he has the right to try another league. The KHL is the modern equivalent of the WHA of yesteryears. I don't see guys like Howe getting flack for playing in the WHA and being called washed up when he was older.

I think people don't want to accept the fact that eventhough the KHL is inferior to the NHL that it is still a competitive league and that the style of play is vastly different than the NHL.

Jagr is European yes but his game is better suited for the NHL especially at his age.

You guys might not agree with me but I have a gut feeling that Jagr will have one last truly dominant "Jagr type" NHL season.

Last edited by livewell68: 07-08-2011 at 02:05 PM.
livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote