View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I would think Colorado wouldnt have offered all that for BOB becuase he has one year of experience in North America. And Varlamov was a first rounder as well and probably played some part in negotiating the trade. But man did Colorado over pay for him or what
I would have been happy with just the 1st, the heck with the 2nd in either 2012 or 13. Also, Varlomov only played 5 more games in the NHL than Bob (IIRC) and he did it over 3 years. Don't you think that if Varly was all THAT much better than Bob that he'd have been THE GUY and played more than just 20 games a year on average??? Think about this, he's only average 20 games a year in the NHL, WHY????

I just checked, Bob has started 52 games, Varly 53 games. Bob s% = 0.915, Varly = 0.917. Bob has 28 wins, Varly has 30. Bob had GAA of 2.59, Varly has 2.39.

Numbers are pretty similar aren't they??? Yes Col way over paid but ther is no reason to believe that Bob COULDN'T have garnered a 1st from Col if we had talked to them before they talked to Washington.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote