View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Not bad honestly. $2.5 is okay for one year to prove that last season wasn't a fluke. Could have been a lot worse, like 2-3 years at $3M+ only to watch him score 12 goals a season. In this contract he still has incentive to perform for an even bigger payday, and if he's still an RFA next summer then his QO would by $2.75 which should definitely be an acceptable number to both sides barring something like a 30 goal season.
1) I believe he will be arbitration eligible next year also. So it not going to be just QO if his season is on same level as last.
Most likely he will be dew for long term around 4M/Y.

2) I would think Poile lost on this one as he would like to get 2-3 year contract around 2M/Y.
It looks more likely that SK was pushing for 1 year deal. That gives him more room for maneuver next year.

I also can see it as it is not SK who agreed for term. It is Poile. Poile could see that arbitrator is going to rule in players favor. That is why he was holding out till last minute trying to work it out.

SK said before that he would like to stay, he is confident about his position in Nashville, about the team, and he feels comfortable here. If he would be greedy - KHL long time ago. If he would like to leave, he would hold out till the last option.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote