View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Rookie Chargers

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman094 View Post
With the Bruins having several prospects in various stages of development, I'm curious to see what people think of in terms of the differences of developing a player in the OHL vs the AHL. People talk about Hamilton going back to the OHL for a year, do you think he will go to providence after that?

Had Seguin not stayed on the Bruins roster this past year, do you think his development would have been better served by going back to the OHL or getting more minutes in providence?

It seems to me that the AHL more closely resembles the NHL in terms of how they game is played and the disparity between the players. In the OHL you have people like Hall and Seguin who were lighting it up without too much concerns on the defensive side of things.

On a side note, how important of a role do you think Bruce Cassidy will have in Providence in continuing to foster and develop the talent currently on the team? With several UFA's coming up next year, the Bruins really need some AHL's to step up their game this year.
I am not sure without his 2 game scoring spree we win the Cup.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote