View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Speculation has arisen recently in media reports that Radulov may consider coming back to the NHL next season. With Radulov playing in Russia for the past 3 seasons, winning two MVPS and a championship and a much larger paycheck perhaps its time for Radulov to test his skill set in the best league in the world, the NHL.

I figured he didn't like Nashville but instead of demanding a trade (not sure if he did), he signed a deal with a russian club (Salavat Yulaev UFA) and bolted. He wanted better playing conditions (I believe that means more money & a better city to live in, team to play for)

Now, call me crazy but I would imagine that one of the most attractive places for a Russian athletic to play in the United States would be New York City with quite a few Russian hot spots and a rather large Russian community here in the city.

I propose we arrange a deal with Nashville with the deal not being fully official until Sather & company sit down with Radulov and see if we can persuade him to play out his last year and then offer him a much better contract. Artem Anisimov & potentially Pavel Valentenko could be team mates for Radulov to have a good relationship with being all 3 are Russian.

I propose we offer Nashville one of the two packages below, Nashville after finishing last season 4th in the western conference on 99 points could use a top 6 winger (something that Radulov actually fits perfectly and with his cap hit would be just perfect for Nashville)

Wojtek Wolski
Ryan Bourque
2012 2nd Round Pick

or if they don't want salary coming back

2012 2nd Round Pick
Ryan Bourque
Tomas Kundratek.

Edit: I believe these are very attractive packages for a team that may never see Radulov lace up the skates for them again.
id give them a 3rd round pick and low to mid level D prospect at best....we may never see this guy in the nhl

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote