View Single Post
Old
07-08-2011, 10:02 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
not many players will benefit more from the relocation than Zack. the frustration from many of the wise posters from Atlanta is palatable when it comes to Zack.....i am not sure if the home crowd got on him in Atlanta but i have been in buildings where that happens with young struggling highly touted prospects and it can get ugly and shatter a kids confidence.

Zack now strolls into town and the reset button is hit. his GM is fully backing him and our crowd may know of his struggles but won't have witnessed it first hand so he gets a crowd with no baggage and modest expectations. He probably has at least 1 season of grace. not saying Winnipeg isn't a tough town but we haven't witnessed the blooper real while watching Drew in LA light it up. most of us get that he might take a few more years

I would love it if they picked up a very steady veteran defensman with a couple of seasons left that they could pair him with....someone to cover his a55 on the ice then be in his ear coaching him on the bench after every shift.

I am looking forward to seeing the kid develop over the next 2 to 3 years.....here's to new beginnings!!