View Single Post
Old
07-09-2011, 10:39 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
This isn't aimed towards you but this ain't the first time where I see someone on these boards mention that Josh Gorges brings no offensive game to this team, something I disagree on. Josh Gorges brings just as much (if not more at this point) offense to this team than Jaroslav 'Considered an offensive defenseman because I'm not good defensively anymore' Spacek. Josh Gorges has proven in the past that he can produce offensively when given the opportunity, he had 59 pts in 54 GP as a 19 year old. But he's also produced in the NHL before, during the disaster that the 2008-2009 season (the breakout of Lappy and Gorges were some of the few positives that season) for the reasons we all know, Gorges had 23 pts. That's 2 more pts than what Spacek had in his first season with Montreal.

Gorges if given the correct role on this team and the correct partner (somebody else than Gill who automatically handicaps any defenseman's offensive game) he could fix the hole left by Hamrlik's departure.
He was actually chipping in offensively but he had some powerplay time with Hamrlik. I imagine the first PP unit will be Markov and Subban but there's a question mark on the 2nd PP unit. Spacek / Weber / Gorges ??????

To be an offensive minded d-man takes more energy than being a laid back type like Gill who redefines the word passive. It's yet to be seen whether Gorges can sustain that energy by being offensive and defensive. He may have to though to fill that void.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote