View Single Post
Old
09-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Greg7

vCash: 500
You lucky jerks. Just the thought of a Hamhuis Weber pairing next year makes me drool... Throw in a third favourite young defenseman of mine Ryan Parent and I am bitterly, bitterly jealous. Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, Parent, and Klein is unfair. I'm turning into a closet Preds fan (or maybe I should say I will be in a couple of years when several of my favourite players in Hamhuis, Weber, Parent, Hartnell and Upshall are all on the team and playing major roles).

As an added note, Cody Franson has bigger upside than he likely is showing right now. He probably looks lost right now on the ice, but his insanely steep development curve indicate that he will very likely continue to improve his game and fill out. He has NHL size and good enough puck skills to play, the only thing he needs is to fill out his frame and get more aggressive, and more importantly improve his skating and footspeed. The frame, work ethic and adaptability he has really make him a better prospect than I expect he looks like right now. I'm not saying he will ever be a regular NHL player, but he definitely has a chance to be. And if you don't trust me, trust Rick Knickle, the man who brought you Martin Erat in the late rounds, Jordin Tootoo in the late rounds, Shea Weber in the second round (!), and Scott Hartnell and Scottie Upshall.