View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Zarpan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
To put things in perspective, Shirokov score 2 more goals than Duco in the AHL last year. In 10 or so more games played... Different players, but just food for thought.

Shirokov deserves a shot in the NHL, but some people seem to have a love-affair with the guy that is unwarranted. Didn't really do anything special that I saw. My only gripe is I argued for him to be traded months ago, clear for a long time he had no place here.

Mike Duco will be a decent NHL spark-plug, better than nothing, which is what Shirokov was worth to us 24 hours ago...
Also to put things in perspective, people excuse Shirokov's inability to put up great numbers at the AHL level by saying that he was on a weak offensive team and led the team in scoring anyway.

Duco was the leading goal scorer on a weak offensive team and he's a year younger than Shirokov. He was just as good a finisher as Shirokov last year. Obviously not as skilled, but if Shirokov wants to be a top 6 player in the NHL, he's going to have to show he can score a lot more than a Mike Duco.