View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 12:33 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
At least Rocco Grimaldi has incredible strength and balance for his size to have a chance. And even Rocco is not a sure bet to make the NHL. I don't wanna seem like I'm flaming, but I'd be surprised if he had a succesful AHL career.
I was pretty pissed when i heard about this pick, but from everything i have heard all this kid is lacking is strength. He wont be in the NHL any time soon as he still gets to go the college route.

Here is a post in the flames forum about the kid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta go BAR 61 View Post
Guys, i played on John Gaudreau's high school team and let me tell you this kid is special. What was so awful about his skating? His backwards skating never seemed to be a problem when i was with him. I am 19 years old and have been playing hockey since i was 7 and i can honestly tell you he is by far the best player i have ever seen. He puts the puck wherever he wants to. He would do things that would literally make my jaw drop.

One of the best things about him was how good he is on his edges. I've never seen a kid so good at changing direction. We played in an extremely competitive highschool league in New Jersey. There were game where we would win 10-5 and this kid would have 10points. It was unreal to watch.

Also this kid HATES to LOSE! It doesnt matter if its practice or game 7 of the cup final. This kid will do whatever it takes to win. 3on3's in high school practice turned into WARS because John wanted to win so damn bad. When he got drafted by you guys he was actually in the middle of a game at his local rink. This kid lives in the ice rink. He is completely committed to hockey. He would pass up high school parties and girls just to be on the ice. You got a steal/winner in the 4th round. enjoy.