View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 03:20 AM
mja
Negative Creep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Stop it. There are a few guys who's talents rival Jagr's at his peak, and haven't yet begun to erode with age. Crosby, Ovie, Stamkos, etc.
The only guy on that list that has as much innate talent as Jagr is Crosby. Ovechkin is a superstar likely HOF lock in his mid twenties, but he doesn't come close to being as purely talented as Jagr. And get out of here with Stamkos. These are all great young players that are going to outscore Jagr this upcoming season, but they aren't as naturally talented.

When you are the most naturally gifted athelete in your sport, it goes a long way even when you are old and out of shape. I'll never forget Gretzky completely done at the end of his career throwing up an 80 point season in the dead puck era like it was no big deal or Mario coming back old and casually throwing up a PPG.

Don't get me wrong. I HATE Jaromir Jagr. I am NOT excited about this upcoming season. I am not counting on this team to do anything. All that said, I would be surprised if he didn't do a PPG.