View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 09:30 AM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you're the one who asked the stupid question, not me.

so, i'll ask you: Why do you not believe they are "screwing" ALL of their customers outside of Philly?
It's not a stupid question. You are apparently incapable of understanding a simple question relevant to your claim that Comcast screws some of its customers.

If you believe Comcast is screwing some of its customers, then you should believe Comcast is screwing ALL its customers by not allowing CSN-P to appear on its OWN system outside of Philadelphia. Having DirecTV has nothing to do with anything.

To suggest that a Comcast customer is not being screwed by Comcast until that Comcast customer purchases DirecTV is the most absurd reasoning there is.

On the other note, I personally don't believe Comcast is screwing ANYBODY for several reasons:
  • It's a television station, not water. You do not need it to survive.
  • I don't believe it is a right of the people to have access to out-of-market programming.
  • I believe the FCC is as arbitrary and over-reaching in its regulatory role as the MPAA.
  • What Comcast was doing was legal while they were doing it.
  • I don't believe any private company has a responsibility to cater to the lowest common denominator (i.e. the relatively few people in Chicago, for example, who would want CSN-P).

That's my opinion.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote