View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 11:57 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
That same stretch where he had a .908 save percentage and allowed 4 goals in 3 of those games but went 2-0-1 in those 3 games anyway because of goal support. His save % in the 5 games in April was putrid (.892).We won primarily because of our offense which averaged 3.63 goals per game in those 8 games.

Two games does not a 900k-1mil contract make.
I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I'm sure his agent is saying what I said in regards to your original question about his contract. Despite the stat being outdated, people still look at win-loss records more than they should. Enroth's wasn't great by any means but he kept us in games. We certainly opened up our offense when Enroth went in which Ruff deserves credit for.

That being said, I don't really think either side has anything to lose by playing hardball in their negotiations. Worst case for Enroth, he ends us taking his QO because I can't see us retracting it; letting Enroth go over a few hundred grand wouldn't make any sense without backup alternatives. Regier is doing what every GM should do in his spot, don't offer anything more than he has to since he has all the leverage. Like I said before, I have no worries that we'll meet somewhere in the middle. I'd have no problem giving him 800k if it ties him up for multiple years. He's the solid backup that we've lacked with additional potential.