View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 02:38 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I don't think it's that simple that one guy needs to be the stopper and the other guys can sacrifice that in the name of offense. You need all your defensemen to be as good as they can at everything, because it's not like you can send out guys as the situation dictates.
It's not about one guy being a stopper and the other guys sacrificing defense in the name of offense. However, having a shut down guy/stopper would certainly make it easier for the rest of the defensemen in terms of what their roles would be. I think a guy like Carle would certainly benefit that much from being paired with a stopper. It would allow him the freedom to roam and pinch and allow him to be a potential game breaking offensive defenseman.

It would also lift the burden on a guy like Pronger who is expected to be both an offensive force and a stopper. It would also lift the burden on Timonen as well. Coburn being the new age Brad McCrimmon is something that the team needs. I think he could fit the role of stopper very well.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote