View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 04:09 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Jordan Staal just finished his 22 y.o season. When Richards was his age he had one 20 goal season on his resume (28). He had amassed 141 pts in 211 games, or 0.67 PPG. Certainly better, but nothing remarkably better (especially given that Staal got far less PP time to get those points). Now, I certainly think Richards is a better offensive player than Staal, but he's pumped up his offensive numbers in years after the ones Staal has just gone through (he's still remarkably young for a guy with his resume).... and would expect Staal to produce more points as he begins to enter his actual offensive prime, which he hasn't hit yet. Staal actually came back from a pretty significant injury last year to post the highest PPG of his career, 0.71 PPG.
The statistical analysis does not matter.

You're entire argument is based on the premise that Jordan Staal becomes better than he is, therefore becomes on the level of the other players mentioned. (Unless of course you're operating under the ridiculous theory that Jordan Staal is somehow as good as Mike Richards, Eric Staal, and Rod Brind'Amour.)

My entire premise is based on the idea that I would be disappointed if Couturier didn't become as good as the other players mentioned and therefore better than I feel Jordan Staal currently is (and better than I think Jordan Staal will be).

So basically, I'm right either way you argue this.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote