View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 04:18 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Actually, no, if Jordan Staal plugs along for the next 15 years putting up 20+ goals and 40+ points while providing his stellar defense he's going to have had an absolutely fan-*ing-tastic career. Do I think he's going to have better years than that? Yes.

Lets assume Jordan Staal has a 20 year career in the NHL... and plays roughly 1450 NHL games. His current rates of production (with no prime year uptick, which even you should admit are likely -- even I don't think you're that dumb) would make his end of career totals: 377-406-783. This ignores that his assist rate has gone up every single year he has played thus far.

If he ends up at an average close to what he did last year, his end of career totals would be: 377-653-1030.

That's with a modest 0.26/0.45 G/APG pace. You would be disappointed if that was Couturier career.
What?

We're just going to assume now that players just play until they're 38-40? At the same level as well?

Mark Recchi must've started a freaking revolution. This is the first time I've heard of it though.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote