View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 03:36 PM
0range and Black

vCash: 500
Watch the games again. Richards and Carter did not play against Toews for the majority of the series. It is a complete impossibility that 1 player can be -7 and the guy on the other side is -5 if they always played against each other. If Richards was on the ice for Chicago's shorthanded goal then you have a difference of 11 goals scored. Both team's lines 2 and 3 dominated (often against the 1st lines)

I did not use GWG in a vacuum. Points per game and plus minus are also factors. You don't replace their 59 regular season goals come playoff time, you replace their 2 playoff goals and score more than that.

Briere, Giroux and Jagr are near 1 ppg playoff performers.
JVR will get more ice time and could be expected to take the next step. Am I crazy to think that a better goalie makes up for losing a pair of goals in 17 games played?

To be absolutely clear, Richards dominated vs. NJ, he rewrote the Boston series by crunching Krejci (he also had the GWA in game 7 )and he played well vs. Montreal. He was plain bad in the finals and any other analysis is incorrect.

I can't recall if he made the game 6 pass to set up Carter in front near the end of regulation when Carter pushed the puck into Niemi's pads instead of lifting it into the wide open top half of the net.

The fact is that Carter and Richards were not consistent playoff stars and replacing their productivity is not impossible.

0range and Black is offline   Reply With Quote