Thread: Speculation: Who Plays Left Wing???
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Blazephr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
That is my thinking yes. I was not trying to insinuate that Anisimov is or will be better then Stepan (I think he is currently, by the way, but thats irrelevant)

It is more about the pack line's progression. Stepan showed decent play as a 3rd liner with Avery and Fedotenko early last year. I wouldnt mind seeing that line tried again, with Wolski-Richards-Gaborik, the Pack line, the Stepan line, and Rupp-Boyle-Prust line in that order. To me, that represents a good rollable 4 lines.

Also, Stepan can continue to learn and play the right point on the 2nd PP unit. That will give him space to make plays with his vision, and won't exacerbate his faceoff issues or his relatively poor play against big defensemen.

I don't want to be forced into a scenario like last year where we are rolling a reject 4th line of a mix of mediocre players like Avery and Christensen with no chemistry and forcing the Boyle-Prust line above their heads.

If you're not comfortable with Wolski playing top line LW then we can always get Prospal. Not sure where that leaves Wolly though as he is generally not a good bottom 6 player.

Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle_Prust
In theory, the Wolski-Richards-Gaborik line on paper, looks like a line that should do some considerable damage offensively. However, defensively is where they may run into some trouble.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote