View Single Post
Old
07-10-2011, 07:59 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hXc Chris View Post
Comcast wont run a line down my street because I live out in the sticks, their line stops right at the end of my block. They refuse to offer me service, they say it wont be cost effective enough to continue running the line an extra 200 feet. So i'm forced to get Dish and then when I try to watch the games on Dish they black me out. I'm only 45mins away from the city of Philadelphia and they black me out.

I hope the entire Corporation burns in hell. F Comcast and F their greedy business practices.
You realize utility companies can't just run lines wherever they want, right? Municipalities have franchise areas designated for certain utilities, and it's all regulated (in PA) through the Public Utilities Commission. Depending on the actual situation it most likely IS cost-prohibitive for them to run a line 200 feet to serve just a handful of houses. It's the same for cable as it is for public sewer and public water. If it's just a handful of connections, you have to pay for the extension yourself. If it's a situation where the utility will profit, then they'll run the line themselves.

As for Comcast's "greedy business practices," it's called a "good business model." They didn't become the largest cable provider by acting foolishly from a business model standpoint. And satellite companies are far from being shining pillars of light themselves.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote