View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
How many times have you seen Miller play? The reason I ask is because I have a hard time seeing him as the 2nd line RW next season, ahead of Callahan and perhaps Zuccerello. (who may have a better 2nd season) It's not impossible but really, how can we pencil him into an NHL role when he hasn't even played College yet?

You also have Kreider on the Rangers next season? He may very well need sometime in Hartford. The Rangers also don't usually rush a kid into the system although Kreider may be one of the few exceptions.
Several times.

And im not the only one suggesting he could compete for that spot as early as the 12-13 season. Sioux fans suggest it as well. He isn't expected to stay in College long at all. He isn't worried about his degree. He's focused on being an NHL player. He's focused on expediting his development. He was willing to discuss Plymouth and the CHL if he got a guaranteed ELC off the bat. He chose UND, which is better because he will play against older more mature players in a great league in a great hockey program that develops good Pro hockey players.

Miller doesn't need to develop in certain areas as much as Zuccarello and Thomas.

Miller is already a big strong kid, he is also a very intelligent player that's already a developed two way player. All of which Thomas and Zuccarello are not (Zuccarello is intelligent but awful defensively).

And if you guys saw him play and knew how much skill he has, this wouldn't be a debate.

Miller>Thomas and Zuccarello.

Thomas racking up points in the OHL is nice but he hasn't ever had to play in international tournaments, never had to play against players from a higher level.

Miller already has experience against D1 NCAA teams. Games in which he excelled. He was also a dominant player in international tournaments such as the U-18 WJC against the best players in the world in his age bracket. And I mean dominant as in one of the best players in the entire tournament.

Kreider is graduating BC next summer, and he's going pro. There is zero chance he plays in Hartford. None. Detractors like Bleed Ranger Blue can troll behind their keyboard all they want, doesn't change the fact the organization is higher on Kreider then they have been on any prospect since the 90's. He's not going to have to pay in Hartford. And his skills aren't going to rot away on the third line getting 10 minutes per game. Simply not happening.

I was wrong about him going pro this year, that's fine. I wont be wrong this time next summer.

Some of you want to gang up on me, go ahead. Wont change things.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 07-11-2011 at 10:21 AM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote