MLD 2011 Draft Thread I
View Single Post
07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Originally Posted by
So, Im assuming Im going to have to check through previous draft threads to make sure that whomever Im picking hasnt already been taken in previous drafts (easy enough to follow who goes here & when of course)?..... VanIsle PM'd me a list of available players, and somehow, I dont think Id be "pickin" guys like ********* , Gawd Luv him n' all, but given my druthers, um, dont think so. . Obviously the Orrs', Beliveaus & Hull's, and prolly brother Dennis included are all gone, so I guess were looking through
in order to dig up some beauties that have been by-passed in past drafts, then trying to sell some of these slugs to the rest of the board?. Thats gonna be fun. Howre' ya'll in dealing with ergodic literature & stats, no links, just stuff I'll make up, referencing people & things that never existed?....
- Big difference here. You are looking for players who were not drafted in the
- it is 1000 picks long, listed in one of the first few posts of this thread. You are not just looking for players who have never, ever been drafted as we've been doing this for 8-9 years and there'd be no one left at all.
- Use the last year's draft lists as a guide to see when you can expect to get a certain player. About 1700 were taken in the 2010 round of drafting. If your pick is not on that board, be prepared to do some selling because we had some great GMs doing a ton of research to find the best guys that far down. But remember, it's just a guide. If someone went 1500th and you think he's the best player left at 1200th, then take him, and PROVE IT!
- Please do not mention undrafted players. I starred out the one that you mentioned - he actually has a really good chance of being selected here.
- Sell your picks in any way you choose. That's the beauty of the draft. Whoever gets the players with the meaty resumes to back up their GMs' claims, will ultimately win this thing.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by seventieslord